Which version is with unity3d support? Confused!

laapsaap

Hi,

I want to try plastic scm for our Unity3D project. But I have to say even with my 16 years of Linux admin experience, I find the installation/documentation for Linux quite confusing....

I downloaded and installed; 

Version 5.0.44.523 (2014.01.28)

But then I found out in lab downloads... Installer -> 5.0.44.519 (2013.11.26) (Includes Unity3D support)

So.. my question is.. which one do I need to install for Unity3d support?  Not the latest official download I assume, well tbh I dont know.  "confused".

And half way through the install I get this selection question;

Configuring users/security working mode. These are the available modes: 
1. NameWorkingMode
2. NameIDWorkingMode
3. LDAPWorkingMode
4. ADWorkingMode
5. UPWorkingMode
I tried looking it up in the documentation, because I dont think any person can understand the options (except ldap/ad) out of the box. But couldnt find a straight answer. I choose 5 because I assume UP is User/password built in auth.... 

Thank you.

Well after playing with for a while. I think the latest version works fine with unity3d, not sure though.. but it is working.

And UPWorkingMode seems to be correct using cli cmd 'umtool' to create users.

So my only question left is, is the web interface only for windows?  We use gitlab and stash and find a web interface very convenient. So one of our requirement left is a web interface. And I installed it in /opt/plastic directory and was expecting the installation ask me where to store the data. Quite common for server applications splits up app directory with the data directory. Now that didnt happen, so I am wondering which directory is the data directory?

Oyeah and I have the latest imagemagick installed on my Windows PC where I also use Unity3D, I browsed convert.exe to the correct path and identify.exe. Still plastic scm still tell me the filetypes are not supported to show content.

I added png en tga to the list.

Hi!

the first release with the Unity support was the 504 but the newest one will work as you checked :)

So my only question left is, is the web interface only for windows?  We use gitlab and stash and find a web interface very convenient. So one of our requirement left is a web interface. And I installed it in /opt/plastic directory and was expecting the installation ask me where to store the data. Quite common for server applications splits up app directory with the data directory. Now that didnt happen, so I am wondering which directory is the data directory?

Are you talking about the WebUI? Right now the only supported installation is using MS IIS.

Which data are you talking about? Can you send us some screenshots?

Oyeah and I have the latest imagemagick installed on my Windows PC where I also use Unity3D, I browsed convert.exe to the correct path and identify.exe. Still plastic scm still tell me the filetypes are not supported to show content.

I added png en tga to the list.

Ummmmm, are you using the embedded diff? That one will not use ImageMagick, you'll need to use for example Ctrl+D to run a diff, tell me if it works. You'll also need to have the convert.exe in the path directory.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I found most of my answers by testing the software yesterday, good thing it isnt too complicated to use ;) !

The integration with unity3d is just so helpful compared with git.

What I meant about data was the default sqlite databases in /server directory and now that I have changed to a mysql backend; the app and datastore are seperated. So that is fine now too.

I havent had time to figure out what was wrong with ImageMagick. So will update after some more investigation.

For now I think plastic scm have a good chance to replace git for our unity3d projects. Only minor concern is the webui that only works with IIS (we dont run windows servers normally). A cool feature would be to be able to preview .fbx and .obj files in the client!

Thanks

The integration with unity3d is just so helpful compared with git.

Thanks!! :)

What I meant about data was the default sqlite databases in /server directory and now that I have changed to a mysql backend; the app and datastore are seperated. So that is fine now too.

Well... If you are using MySQL you can decide where to put the database files, If you want it you can even choose the Plastic Server directory :)

For now I think plastic scm have a good chance to replace git for our unity3d projects. Only minor concern is the webui that only works with IIS (we dont run windows servers normally). A cool feature would be to be able to preview .fbx and .obj files in the client!

That's great! Please ask us if you have any question.

How many user would be using Plastic SCM? We work great with big and small teams.

Regarding the IIS, we know somebody is using mod_mono for Apache and it works fine, unfortunately I don't have more info...

Archived