Mac osx 10.9 plastic server daemon fails

PoisonArrowFrog

Hi,

I have installed plastic scm on our OSX Mavericks 10.9 server machine.  Unfortunately I cannot connect the client.

This is the plastic.server.log:

2014-02-24 22:42:13,835 6b4c57f1-c394-4656-bc6f-fea92dc10226 root at Server:mother.blah.private INFO  Transaction - Transaction timeout -> 120000ms
2014-02-24 22:42:14,785  root at  INFO  Channel - 'sinklevel' compression mode set. all metadata will be serialized
2014-02-24 22:42:14,785  root at  INFO  Channel - 'BufferPoolMax' is set to '10'. It sets the maximum number of available buffers for object data transfers
2014-02-24 22:42:14,785  root at  INFO  Channel - 'SerializationObjectsAtSink' is set to 'True'. True means SerializationBase descendants are  directly written into the response buffer
2014-02-24 22:42:14,805  root at  INFO  Channel - Start listening
2014-02-24 22:42:14,808  root at  INFO  Channel - 'sinklevel' compression mode set. all metadata will be serialized
2014-02-24 22:42:14,808  root at  INFO  Channel - 'BufferPoolMax' is set to '10'. It sets the maximum number of available buffers for object data transfers
2014-02-24 22:42:14,808  root at  INFO  Channel - 'SerializationObjectsAtSink' is set to 'True'. True means SerializationBase descendants are  directly written into the response buffer
2014-02-24 22:42:14,810  root at  INFO  Channel - Using certificate file ssl-certificate.pfx
2014-02-24 22:42:14,884  root at  INFO  Channel - Start listening
2014-02-24 22:42:14,887  root at  FATAL Daemon - Configuration file '/Applications/PlasticSCM/server/remoting.conf' could not be loaded: Address already in use

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Hi,

Could you check if you have another server running on your machine?

Could you change the Plastic server port (use "configureserver" on the server folder)?

It seems that the adress is already in use. If the issue persists, could you post the "remoting.conf" content?

Regards,

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

I don't appear to have another plastic server running on this machine.  I do have servers running for Git (Xcode server), Filesharing, DNS, and Open Directory.  A port scan indicates that port 8087 is free.

I changed the server port to 8099 and had the same results.

Here is my remoting.conf content:

<configuration>

<system.runtime.remoting>

<application>

<channels>

<channel type="Codice.Channels.PlasticTcpChannel,plastictcpchannel" port="8099" name="normal">

<serverProviders>

<formatter type="Codice.Channels.PlasticBinaryServerFormatterSinkProvider, plastictcpchannel" typeFilterLevel="Full" Compression="sinklevel" SerializationObjectsAtSink="true" BufferPoolMax="10"/>

<provider type="Codice.CM.Server.ExceptionTracerSinkProvider, servercommon" />

</serverProviders>

<clientProviders>

<provider type="Codice.Channels.ClientSinkProvider, plastictcpchannel" />

<formatter ref="binary" />

</clientProviders>

</channel>

<channel type="Codice.Channels.PlasticSecuredTcpChannel, plastictcpchannel" port="8088" sslPfxFile="ssl-certificate.pfx" sslPfxFilePassword="|SoC|2ogBDa8GmifTjC7UKp4KuoF0/jWYlXy2" name="secured">

<serverProviders>

<formatter type="Codice.Channels.PlasticBinaryServerFormatterSinkProvider, plastictcpchannel" typeFilterLevel="Full" Compression="sinklevel" SerializationObjectsAtSink="true" BufferPoolMax="10"/>

</serverProviders>

<clientProviders>

</clientProviders>

</channel>

</channels>

</application>

</system.runtime.remoting>

</configuration>

Hi,

You are using the 8088 port for SSL channel. It´s not necessary to use an SSL port. For instance, this is my "remoting.conf" file:  (when configuring the client, there is a box to select SSL connection)

<configuration>
    <system.runtime.remoting>
        <application>
            <channels>
                <channel type="Codice.Channels.PlasticTcpChannel,plastictcpchannel" port="8084" name="normal">
                    <serverProviders>
                    </serverProviders>
                    <clientProviders>
                    </clientProviders>
                </channel>
            </channels>
        </application>
    </system.runtime.remoting>
</configuration>

Ok I removed the ssl portion of the "demoting.conf" file.

Now the server log indicates:

2014-02-26 07:27:15,531  root at  FATAL Daemon - Configuration file '/Applications/PlasticSCM/server/remoting.conf' could not be loaded: No such host is known

Here is the full log output:

2014-02-26 07:27:15,193 72074807-e172-4820-8106-26734908ed71 root at Server:mother.blah.private INFO  Transaction - Transaction timeout -> 120000ms
2014-02-26 07:27:15,517  root at  INFO  Channel - 'sinklevel' compression mode set. all metadata will be serialized
2014-02-26 07:27:15,517  root at  INFO  Channel - 'BufferPoolMax' is set to '10'. It sets the maximum number of available buffers for object data transfers
2014-02-26 07:27:15,517  root at  INFO  Channel - 'SerializationObjectsAtSink' is set to 'True'. True means SerializationBase descendants are  directly written into the response buffer
2014-02-26 07:27:15,531  root at  FATAL Daemon - Configuration file '/Applications/PlasticSCM/server/remoting.conf' could not be loaded: No such host is known

No such host is known?

Ok I got it going.

It turns out that Mac OSX Sever uses port 8088 with its Software Updste Service. I shut it down, reinstalled Plastic and all is well.

On a different note, it appears that Mono is a 32 bit app. Does that imply that Plastic server is 32 bit as well. If so what are the ramifications?

Thanks for the help,

Mike

Archived