An error occurred during the replication: The object is currently locked.

Lazlo

Hi,

I'm stuck and unable to pull a branch from the cloud.

What happened:

1. Tried to pull all branches
  2. At introducing data stage, Plastic seemingly got stuck at 96% (even though it was a minor changeset)
  3. Quit Plastic (Cmd+Q)
  4. Reopened Plastic
  5. Tried to pull from the branch that never finished

I now get the error message in the title:

An error occurred during the replication: The object is currently locked. Try later. RepId: 2 CsetInReplica:0db59347-726b-422c-bf68-c416c78ebc8c.

611742532_ScreenShot2019-07-12at10_43_53PM.thumb.png.ef8679595491b4e8b9bc29e920ecb9cd.png

I can't seem to find any way to recover from this. Recreating the entire project from scratch is something I'd want to avoid, as it's multiple GB in terms of size.

Please advise!

Hi,

If you restart your local Plastic server ("Plastic Server 6" under Windows services), is the issue still reproducible?

The items may be locked for a few minutes due to this uncontrolled quit operation. 

Is the issue still reproducible today? In that case, we can try to manually release the lock in the cloud server.

Regards,

Carlos.

Hi Carlos, thanks for the follow-up.

Unfortunately the operation still fails with the same error today.

I'm on OSX so I don't know what the equivalent of restarting the server would be. But I am using the cloud edition.

(As a suggestion, would it be possible in a future version to warn the user on quit when an operation is pending? Or even better, finish up / cancel and release the locks before quitting? I did a normal Quit operation, not a Force Quit, so from a UX point of view, I didn't expect to be causing any issue).

Hi again,

In order to restart your local macOS server:

https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/administration/plastic-scm-version-control-administrator-guide#Serverstartup

sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.codicesoftware.plasticscm.server.plist

sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.codicesoftware.plasticscm.server.plist

After that, the lock should be released.

Regards,

Carlos.