Exclusive Locking Issues

I'm having some pretty terrible problems trying to unlock items in a repository. A week or so ago (March 9th) the time change for daylight savings happened at 2 am. Immediately afterward all items in my repository were marked as changed/checked out. Not knowing about the option to compare items using a hash, or that the problem was even related to daylight savings, I assumed my workspace was corrupted somehow.

I tried undoing changes, undo unchanged, anything else I could think of, but nothing worked. So I deleted my .plastic folder and recreated the workspace. But all the files were still marked as changed/checked out. So I tried another machine. Same thing (both OSX). And then I found the option for comparing files using a hash instead of a timestamp. Using that option fixed the issue with changed/checked out files.

However... now all files in my project are locked because the server thinks they are checked out by me. The only solution I've found so far is to completely remove the lock file from the server so that I don't have exclusive checkout anymore. But I'd really like to get exclusive checkout working again if possible.

I've looked into using the cm unlock command, but:

1. There are approximately 50,000 items in my project that would need to be unlocked.

2. My server does not recognize the admin user as being an administrator... so I can't unlock anything with it anyway.

Is there another way to unlock all the items in my repository? I've been looking through the database structure to try to figure out what table holds the locks and how to remove them, but the best I can tell they are just considered objects in the 'object' table. Or maybe something else because I deleted all of the objects in there that were using an fidowner that mapped to my seid and that doesn't seem to have cleared anything.

Any help would be much appreciated,

- Josh

I know those commands, but the problem is that I have approximately 50,000 things to unlock... Unlocking them one-by-one is not really an option. Also, there is an issue with my admin user on my server (running on OSX) where it is not recognized as being an administrator when I try to do an unlock anyway. So even if I wanted to unlock all of the items one-by-one, I can't because of that issue.

- Josh

Ok! Sorry understood now. 

hacker way:

1) Stop the Plastic SCM server.

2) Remove the "plastic.currentlocks" file you will find at the Plastic SCM server directory.

3) Start the Plastic SCM server.

That should remove all the locks in the system.

Archived