Plastic Server 5 Service Can't Connect to SQL Server in Azure VM

I just setup an vm instance of Windows Server 2012 Datacenter with SQL Server 2012 in Azure, but the service is having trouble connecting to SQL Server when I changed the backend.

I've attached my db.conf and the log file that is created when I try to start the service, please ignore the *.txt extension.

I tried adding "NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE" to SQL Server logins via management studio.

db.conf.txt

plastic.server.log.txt

Hi!

the following error:

ERROR Codice.CM.Server.RepositoryHandler - Login failed for user 'WORKGROUP\EGSCM$'

Makes me think of a bad password or a bad user name. The dollar char at the end smells bad, can you please try with an easier name just in case?

For some reason SQLServer is having a request from 'WORKGROUP\EGSCM', can you check the user you are using at the "db.conf" file?

If you are using the Windows based authentication you can try to switch to the SqlServer user/password mode and check if makes a difference. Remember that this mode is not enabled by default so you will need to activate it inside the SqlServer management tool.

You can check this guide: http://www.plasticscm.com/infocenter/technical-articles/kb-how-to-configure-plastic-scm-with-sql-server.aspx

The original message makes me think the issue is at the SQLServer side

Login failed for user 'WORKGROUP\EGSCM$'

Did you try login into the SQLServer management tool with that user accont? Does it work?

Can you try to switch to SQLServer user/password mode and try if it works with a valid user?

Archived