Printing Code Reviews?

geraldsa

Hello,

We are trying out the PlasticSCM's code review functionality and are finding it very convenient to see the files and their diffs and then allowing a comment directly on the changes via the interface.

However, we would need to have some sort print/hardcopy output of the results of a code review for documentation purposes.. (i.e. a quick report/list of defects found would do) is there a way to do this in Plastic?  I've looked at the menus and right click functionality but can't see a way how to do this. :(

Hope someone can help, Thanks!

- Gerald

Hi Gerald,

well, from the regular Plastic SCM GUI is not possible. You can't print it directly.

But what you can do is the following, install a Plastic SCM web client, open the reviews from the web page and print them from there.

You can even select more options than the regular GUI, you can show the comments inline (will save you paper :P), show them side by side, compressed and so on. Review the following screenshots.

post-112-0-77469200-1396366116_thumb.png post-112-0-84592500-1396366126_thumb.png

Here you can review how to install the WebUI: http://codicesoftware.blogspot.com/2012/10/plastic-scm-web-ui.html

If you have any comment or question let me know them!

Archived