Update workspace from update-to/merge-from issue

Guillaume Portes

Hello,

The "update workspace" button from the update-to/merge-from tab doesn't seem to update the working changeset correctly. Here are the steps I am going through:

• From the "Pending changes" tab I click "View new changes" (I have "Look for newer changes in the repository" ticked in the options window for that tab)
  • This opens the "update-to/merge-from" tab. I click the "Update workspace" button
  • As there are no conflicts it just sets the active changeset to the latest. This is confirmed by looking at the branch explorer
  • I go back to the "items in workspace" tab and click "update workspace". Looking again at the branch explorer it has set the working changeset back to what it was before the first udpate.

Is this expected behaviour? I would expect the last "update" to effectively to nothing.

Thanks,

Guillaume.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

This behavior happens because you pointing your workspace to a specific changeset. So in the last step, if you click "update workspace", it will be updated to the previous changeset again.

If you want to avoid this behavior, just point your workspace to the branch (not to a changeset). This way, when clicking the  "Update workspace" button, it will be updated to the last changeset of the branch,

Regards,

Carlos

Archived