Repository disappeared, replaced with old repositories?

TWV

In the last few weeks I've started using Plastic SCM for version control and I really like it. However, today when I opened the client for the first time this week, I got an error message saying that the repository could not be found. In the repository list are two of the trial repositories that we created when first playing with the system - I'm pretty certain these were deleted a long time ago though.

This message persisted after restarting the Plastic server service.

I've googled a bit, and looked in the ChannelCall.log.txt, audit.log and plastic.server.log - there's no record of the repository having been manually deleted. I've attached these.

The last check-in was on Wednesday evening - everything was working fine then.

All that I know has happened in between is that one of my colleagues restarted the server machine on Thursday, as there were pending system updates. Unfortunately he's on leave this week.

The only files in the \server directory that were changed at the time of the restart are three .sqlite files, with names like "plastic-repositories.plastic.sqlite" and "plastic-rep_7.plastic.sqlite". Some of these are much larger than others.

It feels as though the configuration has been rolled back to an earlier version somehow. Can anyone suggest what might have gone wrong?

ChannelCall.log.txt

plastic.server.log.txt

audit.log.txt

Hi Tom!

I think we talked yesterday about this :P

Just to post the resolution if anybody has the same problem... Always double check your db.conf file, check if you are using the right database engine... if not fix it :)

If your db.conf is working with the correct database engine check if someone remove the link to the old databases (Remove repository op.) then use the "cm addrep" command to relink it back.

Archived