JVM not found error

I am evaluating Semantic Merge but it cannot find my JVM install, so it's just a regular merge tool. :( I am on Windows 10 64bit. I installed SM and then realized I did not have java installed. I installed JRE 8. No luck. I uninstalled both, installed JRE 8 first, then SM. Still no go. Oddly I don't see any other posts here about this, so I am wondering what is strange in my setup? Anyways, I would love to be able to use this tool, as it looks fantastic, so any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

- We've seen Windows installations having a bad/corrupt/useless "C:\Windows\System32\java.exe" "tool" which is supposed to be like a "pseudo-symlink" to the latest JVM installed on the machine. That causes a failure.
Can you check if removing (temporally) this file solves the issue? You'll need to restart Semantic Merge.

- This option allows to manually indicate the custom Java path:
eg:

semanticmergetool.exe -vm="C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -b=base.java -s=source.java -d=destination -r=result.java

You can include this option in your configuration file. 

Regards,
Carlos.

• 1 year later...

On 10/13/2020 at 4:38 PM, calbzam said:

- This option allows to manually indicate the custom Java path:

hello!

I can't find this,where is configure file ?My system is windows 11 64bit。In addition, the product has ended its life cycle, can I still purchase this product for independent use?

2022-04-24_17-01-57.png

@snail008 If you are refering to Sematic Merge, I'm afraid it's not possible to buy new licenses. If you still have a valid license, you should be able to keep using it. Let us know if you are facing any problem.

Regarding the JVM issue, what is the current Java version you have installed?

Regards,

Carlos.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...