Admin needs to undo many checked-out files at once

GHSHIN

Hi. Really appreciate help here :)

The admin is now undoing checkouts with "cm unlock", but the problem is there are too many files to undo by typing the command one by one (there are about a hundred of them...)

Plus, owners of the files left the team already, so the admin can't ask them to undo by themselves.

Are there anyways for the admin to undo all the checked-out files at once?

Hi,

- If you can access to the workspace, you can run the following command to undo all the local changes:

cm unco --all

But I guess the workspaces where the items were locked are not available anymore.

- Are you using a local or cloud server? 

- If you are using a cloud server and you don't have access to the workspaces, I'm afraid the admin will need to release the locks one by one (assuming you still need to keep this lock rules and you cannot disable them).

Regards,

Carlos.

On 10/30/2020 at 11:39 PM, calbzam said:

Hi,

- If you can access to the workspace, you can run the following command to undo all the local changes:

cm unco --all

But I guess the workspaces where the items were locked are not available anymore.

- Are you using a local or cloud server? 

- If you are using a cloud server and you don't have access to the workspaces, I'm afraid the admin will need to release the locks one by one (assuming you still need to keep this lock rules and you cannot disable them).

Regards,

Carlos.

Thanks for your help.

We're using a local server.

Could you tell me how the admin can access to the workspaces created by others?

+ For instance, 

how can I undo check-outs of files with information written below?

64c26d7e-93c3-4d96-a158-8ed38116aebb S-1-5-21-1726693492-1970477779-720478229-34826 central /Prototype_01/Client/Content/StarterContent/Audio/Explosion01.uasset

I tried the '-help' option, but it's still not clear. Could you give me an example?  

• 2 weeks later...

The admin cannot access to the workspaces created by others. The Plastic workspace is local per user so the admin would need to access to their local machines.

If you are using a cloud server and you don't have access to the workspaces, I'm afraid the admin will need to release the locks one by one (assuming you still need to keep this lock rules and you cannot disable them).

cm unlock --help
cm unlock organization@cloud <guid> 

Regards,

Carlos.