Failing to connect to Cloud repository

Hi all, trust all is well!

I've just bought the cloud subscription and installed all the required tools, but can't seem to connect to the remote repository. When I go into the PlasticSCM UI to connect to the repository and create the local workspace, I get the following error:

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8084

What gives? I thought this was supposed to connect to the server running on the Cloud? Why does it need a local server.

But in any case, the local service is running, both the SCM and the change tracker. Really trying to start working here, but I can't do anything because I can't get into PlasticSCM.

Attached are the server and client logs.

plastic.errors.log.20201108.txt plastic.realtime.requests.log.20201108.txt plastic.relevant.log.20201108.txt audit.log plastic.channelcall.log.20201108.txt plastic.debug.log.20201108.txt plastic.debug.log.20201108.txt plastic.relevant.log.20201108.txt

Hi,

- A coworker from the sales department is about to answer you regarding the last invoice in your parallel thread.

- Plastic Cloud edition includes a local server listening on 8084 portyto host your local repos. But you can point your workspace directly to reach a cloud repo. I mean it's not mandatory to use local repos.

- I'm trying to guess why if the "Plastic SCM Server" Windows service is running, you cannot connect to "127.0.0.1:8084". Did you install Plastic enterprise endition previously on this machine (before installing Cloud Edtion)?  In that case, your local server may be listening on "127.0.0.1:8087". Could you attach the following file?

C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\server\remoting.conf

Regards,

Carlos.

On 11/10/2020 at 7:15 PM, calbzam said:

Hi,

- A coworker from the sales department is about to answer you regarding the last invoice in your parallel thread.

- Plastic Cloud edition includes a local server listening on 8084 portyto host your local repos. But you can point your workspace directly to reach a cloud repo. I mean it's not mandatory to use local repos.

- I'm trying to guess why if the "Plastic SCM Server" Windows service is running, you cannot connect to "127.0.0.1:8084". Did you install Plastic enterprise endition previously on this machine (before installing Cloud Edtion)?  In that case, your local server may be listening on "127.0.0.1:8087". Could you attach the following file?

C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\server\remoting.conf

Regards,

Carlos.

Hi Carlos, thanks for the reply.

Still wanted to post here, but I did sort out the issue. I did have an old install of PlasticSCM still lurking around, removed the application via the control panel, removed the 'PlasticSCM` folder from `Program Files`, and also removed the `plasticscm4` folder from my users `AppData` folder, and this resolved the issue completely.

Thanks again for your time!