Very slow cloning/package download

Vodos

Hi, we're handing over a project including our plastic repos. We've used the clone command to download our art repo (700GB) and it came down at 10MB/s which wasn't great but workable. But our main repo is 2.5 TB and it's only coming down at 2MB/s. We've tried restarting the command several times, identical download speeds. We've also tried cloning the art repo again while the main repo was downloading and art downloaded at 10MB/s, while the main repo stayed at 2MB/s.

Does anyone have an idea how to improve the DL speed while cloning? We can't really spend a month downloading

Hi,

- Are you using a cloud server or onpremises one?

- Can you increase the number of downloads threads to 6 and check it makes the update operation faster:

https://plasticscmsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009028194-Performance-improvement-Use-multiple-threads-for-the-Update-and-Checkin-operations

[client.conf]
<DownloadPoolSize>5</DownloadPoolSize>
[/client.conf]

Regards,

Carlos.

- It's hosted by a third party but I'm capping out when ftp'ing something from the same server, so I don't think that's an issue. I also get different download speeds depending on which repo I'm cloning (from the same server). 

- I already tried that with size 16, but I did it again with 5 and it doesn't change anything

Thank you

- In terms of Plastic operations, you are not cloning the repo (replicate the branches) but running an update in your local workspace, riight?

- Could you share the server debug logs with us to review them? And also let us know your IP and them time when you ran the update. You can reach us via private to share this information.

- Are your coworkers facing a similar behavior when downloading data from the server?

Regards,

Carlos.