Condense change sets between two "random" change sets

SiberianRobot

I am familiar with the show "Only relevant" option but I am hoping there is a way to designate particular CSs as relevant (or "Key" in the image below). I recently changed my philosophy on check-ins. This resulted in having more changes set as I want to minimize working on more than one bug/feature/improvement in one change set. However, the number of change sets could be less desirable for a code reviewer as many change sets may all be working towards a train of though (I am thinking: one Jira "story" can be thought of as many "tasks"). The biggest problem I see is that there is likely underdeveloped implementations as I am addressing a "task". I still want to get the isolation for the case when another person wants to look at smaller changes made for a subtask if they want a bit more clarification on what would otherwise be a much harder change set to follow. 

I hope that make sense. I would hope that when I select the "Only relevant" or some other existing functionality would generate the BranchCondensedToKeyCSs image below from the Current branch. I would also be interested in how to permanently condense two changeset (say: when I forget to include a newly added file or forgetting to save a last minute change, etc)

Currently 50 versions behind but that is out of my control as I am not the admin.

Thanks

CurrentBranchWithKeyCSs.png

BranchConensedToKeyCSs.png

Hi,

- I'm afraid you canot set some specific changesets as "relevant" but You can create your own branch explorer by selecting the desired branches --> right-click --> Branch Explorer --> Show selected branches on a new diagram.

- You can also use the visilibily mode to customize the branch explorer:

https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/gui/plastic-scm-version-control-gui-guide#TheExtendedOptionsPanel

Enter visibility mode - The visibility mode lets the user hide or show branches in the diagram. The hidden branches are not displayed across sessions of the Plastic SCM GUI. The hidden branches list is local to the client machine. This means that if a user hides some branches, they won't be visible for them, but are visible for the rest of the users.

• To hide a branch and its children, double click that branch.
  • To hide a branch and don't hide its children, use Shift + double click on that branch.
  • Once the visibility is set, click the Exit visibility mode button to confirm the visibility changes.
  • Click clear visibility config to display all the branches in the Branch Explorer.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Carlos.

Also, not sure if you are aware of the "Bookmark icons" feature that may be also useful for you:

Bookmark icons
Bookmarks allow you to mark some changesets, review other changes, and then go back to the first area where you were working. This is particularly useful for integrators, who switch back and forth between changesets frequently.
Bookmark icons