Plastic Plugin and Unity Visual Scripting are Incompatible. Antlr3.Runtime.dll Conflict

GabrielR

In Unity 2021.1.0f1  if you install the Plastic SCM Plugin and Unity's Official Visual Scripting plugin via Package Manager, Unity will throw the errors below:

Multiple precompiled assemblies with the same name Antlr3.Runtime.dll included on the current platform. Only one assembly with the same name is allowed per platform. (C:/UnityProjects/QS_Core/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.visualscripting@1.5.2/Runtime/VisualScripting.Flow/Dependencies/NCalc/Antlr3.Runtime.dll)

Multiple precompiled assemblies with the same name Antlr3.Runtime.dll included on the current platform. Only one assembly with the same name is allowed per platform. (Assets/Plugins/PlasticSCM/Editor/PlasticLib/Antlr3.Runtime.dll)

The only working solution I've found is to uninstall the Plastic SCM plugin.  

Doing some searching I found the same error in your support forums from September of 2020.  Note that Unity purchased the company that makes Bolt Visual Scripting and have integrated it into Unity as an official system as of Unity 2021.  This is Unity's way to compete with Unreal's Blueprint system.  It's name in Package Manager is Visual Scripting.  

Is there maybe a newer beta version of the Plugin we can download? So we can continue to use Plastic with Unity?

I also reported this issue with the Unity Bug Reporting tool. It can be viewed here:

https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/default.asp?1326027_8nip9v723upoc67r

This is the support page I referred to where this error occurred in September back when Visual Scripting was called Bolt: 

Thank you

Edited by GabrielR
clarification