Can't check-in, GUI bounced back with no error

Yikuo

I'm using PlasticSCM GUI with Unity and Plastic Cloud for a while, mostly it works as expected.

Now I'm stuck in the check-in process, that when I press the button, everything seems working fine and my pending changes are cleared. Yet if I click the "Pending Changes" tab again, all the changes appeared again, and no changeset was committed to the branch. No error was showed or so.

This happened to me several times, mostly when I moved files or folders. I tweaked the Move Detection threshold and makes no difference. Last time I've to delete the plastic.wktree and make SCM recalculate the whole project.

Here is a video showing the problem: https://youtu.be/LlX2Q6daiSg

Thanks!

Hi,

- Do you have Xlinks in your Plastic project?

- I can see in the video you were getting an empty "Incoming changes" view. The problem is a merge may be necessary inside the Xlink and the "Incoming  Changes" view is not supposed to run merges. You will need to manually run the merge in the Xlinked repo and then you will be able to perform checkin from the parent repo.

You could temporarily disable the "Incoming Changes" view in your "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\plastic4\client.conf" (restart the GUI) and check if it eases your workflow while performing changes directly inside the Xllinks.

<EnableIncomingChanges>no</EnableIncomingChanges>

Regards,

Carlos.

Hi Carlos, 

Yes we are using Xlinks. The Xlinked repo is a sub-system shared within several projects, we edit the subsystem in different projects so it's quite messy.

Can you specify what should I do by "manually run the merge in the Xlinked repo"? A screenshot of our Xlinked repo is attached.

Thanks for the reply.

image.png

- You can just edit the Xlink to point to the head of the branch or you can do the following:

You could temporarily disable the "Incoming Changes" view in your "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\plastic4\client.conf" (restart the GUI) and check if it eases your workflow while performing changes directly inside the Xllinks.

<EnableIncomingChanges>no</EnableIncomingChanges>

regards,

Carlos.