Error when trying to push changes "There will be conflicts on destination"

jingato

Hi, I've been using Plastic for a few months now with no issues. Today, I tried to push a local branch to the cloud server and I get the error "There will be conflicts on destination" and I'm not sure how to resolve it. Here's the details of my setup, for reference.

Plastic App: 10.0.16.6089

Running with a local repo and pushing / pulling to/from the cloud. I am also the only person using the cloud so there is no chance of someone pushing something that would conflict with what I have locally. I do not have any pending changes and the cloud sync says there is nothing to pull, only push. The local repository seems perfectly fine, no issues. 

Any idea what is going on and how to solve it? Can I just tell it to overwrite whatever is on the cloud?

thanks

10 hours ago, calbzam said:

Hi,

You need to do the following:

1. Pull the cloud branch.

2. Resolve the conflicts between the  pulled branch and your local branch. You will need to run a merge to unify the two heads.

3. Push the local branch to the cloud.

Regards,

Carlos.

HI Carlos,

Thanks for the reply, but as I previous mentioned, there is nothing to pull. There is no option to pull anything because nothing has been pushed to the server that I don't have. I am the only person using it, so I'm not sure how there could even be anything different on the server that is not local. 

So how to resolve this arbitrary conflict if there is nothing to pull and how does a conflict even occur when I'm the only person using the server?

Hi,

Have you deleted some changed in the local/cloud that could explain the conflict?

If you create a sync view in the Plastic GUI, is it detecting any changeset pending to pull?

Could you attach an screenshot of the specific error when pushing your branch via the sync view?

Regards,

Carlos.

13 hours ago, calbzam said:

Hi,

Have you deleted some changed in the local/cloud that could explain the conflict?

If you create a sync view in the Plastic GUI, is it detecting any changeset pending to pull?

Could you attach an screenshot of the specific error when pushing your branch via the sync view?

Regards,

Carlos.

I have not deleted anything from the cloud. I didn't even know that was possible. Only access I have to the cloud is through the sync option in the tool. What do you mean by create a sync view? As in, delete the existing one and create a whole new one? 

Here's the screenshot

image.png.b0f6e35be959c93d492945f911aed37f.png

Hi,

If you drive to the branch explorer, right-click the "/main/Skeeball" branch --> Push/Pull --> Pull this branch, could you check if this way you can force pulling something?

Otherwise, if you are paying customer you can reach us at support@plasticscm.com and we can arrange a meeting to debug it.

Regards,

Carlos.

9 hours ago, calbzam said:

The problem is this branch has two heads anb you cannot sync a branch if it was more than one head. You need to merge the two heads and then you should be able to sync it.

Regards,

Carlos.

So how do I do that when everything is fine locally and there is nothing to pull? How does this even happen when only one person is pushing to the server? This seems like a bug with your software. How do you expect people to become paying customers if the software becomes unusable while evaluating it? I'm about ready to give up and just go with git, because you aren't providing any solution to an error that should never happen in the first place.