Need help restoring changesets from local machine

Hello! We had our PlasticSCM data wiped accidentally, but thankfully we have a backup. We restored from the backup, and all the files that the backup had are present (thankfully!)

We are trying to restore the remaining changesets to our `main` branch that took place between the backup and the server deletion. A number of people have local copies, but we have a build server that has all the commits that we want to restore. The one problem is that I do not know what `cm` command to use in order to push those changesets to the server. `cm push` is the closest I've seen to that, but I do not know that it will do what I want. Specifically, it looks like that merely copies a branch from one server to another, which is not what I want.

Other setup information to note: our server is on-prem (on AWS), and the build agent that has the commits is also on-prem on AWS. Both servers are running Ubuntu 18.04. The build agent only has the client packages installed.

Is there any way to push the remaining changesets easily with `cm`?

Hi,

The easiest way, to sync the two repos so they are up to date is using the sync view in the Plastic GUI. Note that you can use any Plastic client that is able to connect to both servers. You are not forced to use the Plastic client installed in the server machine:

https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/gui/plastic-scm-version-control-gui-guide

Please let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Carlos.

Thanks for the response Carlos!

One clarification, there is only one PlasticSCM server in this setup; I am merely trying to restore commits that were lost on the server by making use of clients that have the latest changesets.

Based on that, is the sync view in the GUI still able to do what I want? Also, would `cm sync` be the appropriate command if we decided to run that from our build agent?

Hi,

Other setup information to note: our server is on-prem (on AWS), and the build agent that has the commits is also on-prem on AWS. Both servers are running Ubuntu 18.04. The build agent only has the client packages installed.

- The sync view option was proposed because I thought you had a parallel server with a repo containing the last changesets.

- If you have a working copy in some client machine containing the last version of the project you want to recover, you can do the following:

1. Create a workspace pointing to the last current changeset of the branch.

2. Replace this workspace content with the last version of the project you have in this client machine.

3. Checkin the changes so a new changeset is crated including the last version of the project files.

Regards,

Carlos.

• 2 weeks later...