xlink and ignored files

kiyakkoray

Hello,

I have just created an xlink in my main repository to a sub repository. But plastic doesn't seem to recognize the ignore.conf of sub repository. Ignored files appears on my pending change list on my main repository. Am I doing something wrong or is it not implemented?

Thank you

• Like 1

Hi,

The ignore rules should be applied to private items doesn't matter if the belong to an Xlinked repo or not. Note that the ignore rules doesn't apply to items that are already under source control. In that case, you will need to add them to the hidden changes list.

Regards,

Carlos.

• Like 1

Hello again,

I think I have been misunderstood. I'll try to explain with examples this time :)

I have two repositories, I'm naming them with;

1. My Game Repository

2. Engine Repository

I'm creating a writable Xlink from "My Game Repository" to "Engine Repository" in a folder, let's name that "EngineFolder".

Trying to visualize it;

"My Game Repository" \ "EngineFolder" =(XLINK)=> "Engine Repository"

So, right now I have a folder in "My Game Repository" which is named "EngineFolder" and it's filled with content of "Engine Repository". So far so good. Changesets, branching everything seems to be working fine so far.

I'm trying to explain my problem now,

I have an ignore.conf file in "Engine Repository". let's say say it has an entry named as "ignoreme.txt". This file is not committed to the "Engine Repository"!

The problem starts now. If I create a file in "EngineFolder" in "My Game Repository" with the name of "ignoreme.txt", it appears as a new file in pending change list of the workspace of "My Game Repository". But actually this file is an entry in the ignore.conf file of "Engine Repository".  Do I have to add every entry in the ignore.conf file of the "Engine Repository" to the ignore.conf file of the "My Game Repository"? I was expecting that the plastic might handle this itself. Is this something intended or not implemented/forgotten? Or is this a bug?

Thank you :)

• Like 1

Hi,

The "ignore.conf" needs to be stored at the root of the workspace. Doesn't matter if the ignore rules apply to the parent repo or some Xlinked repo.

If you have a "ignore.conf" in some subfolder (eg: Xlink), these rules won't be taken into account.

Regards,

Carlos.

• Like 1