PlasticSCM reopens workspace tabs after Jenkins builds

marioo

Let me describe you the steps to reproduce the issue mentioned in the topic.

1. Open PlasticSCM client and close every workspace tab so that only one is left open.

2. Close the client.

3. Run a Jenkins task that uses a different workspace than the one that you left open in the client.

4. Open the client again.

You will notice that a second tab has appeared even though you closed it before running the task.

We run several dozen tasks per night and each time we start PlasticSCM client on the Jeskins's machine, it displays a multitude of open workspace tabs. You can close them all, but next day they will appear again. And they are so narrow then that workspace names are not visible on them at all.

I noticed that you store information about closed workspaces in the closedworkspaces.conf file. Because Jenkins recreates workspaces on every build, their GUIDs change, right? And it seems that you determine which tabs are closed by the GUID, which constantly changes... 

Wouldn't it be better to determine closed workspaces by their names and physical locations?

Hi Carlos,

Yes, I'm still facing the issue on PlasticSCM 5.0.44.596. The workspaces are recreated on Jenkins's machine (the "Use update" option is checked as you pointed out).

But let me make sure. The plugin is updated together with the client, right? Or should I download and update it separately? I looked in the update center of Jenkins and it says PlasticSCM Plugin 2.0 is installed and there are no updates available.

Thanks,

Mariusz.

Archived