Auth token expiring far too quickly

JoeGatling

Hello,

I am running into a frustrating usability issue with Plastic. Every hour or so my auth token expires resulting in the following error message whenever I try to push and pull. 

Expire.thumb.jpg.ce43d448d38e4f2a65dcf703e0d066dd.jpg

An error occurred during replication: The auth token expired. User [email address]

The extra frustrating part is that it doesn't seem to fix itself until I navigate to the cloud sync page, and click the refresh button from there. Only then does the login popup occur that allows me to reauthenticate.   This turns almost every push/pull operation an annoying sequence of clicking on things.

Is it normal that my auth token would expire so frequently, and/or is there any way to make the login popup appear more reliably?

Hi,

it's notmal that the token is expired but it should be transparently and automatically renewed.

What operation system are you using? Are you using the new Palstic X GUI?

Could you attach the logs? "C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\server\plastic.debug.log.txt"

Is the sync operation running for a very long time?

Regards,

Carlos.

I am seeing the issue on both my Mac and Windows PC. Both are using the new UI, but the issue was present even before the recent update to the windows client that causes it.

I cannot find a file called plastic.debug.log.txt in that folder. Do I need to do something to enable logging? Where would I find the equivalent file on my Mac?

For added clarity, I have captured a video of the issue (Captured on the PC client).  As you can see when I try to pull the main branch of the project I am presented with repeated auth expiration errors. The only workaround have discovered is to go to the cloud page and refresh from there. That will cause the login popup to appear.

Hi,

Sorry, but I can't see the attached video.

I cannot find a file called plastic.debug.log.txt in that folder. Do I need to do something to enable logging? 

It should be something like:

C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\server\plastic.debug.log.20220309.txt

Otherwise, let's review the "loader.log.conf". This is the configuration file where we set the log configuration.

The Server path in macOS is:

/Applications/PlasticSCMServer.app/Contents/MonoBundle/plastic.debug.log.20220309.txt

Regards,

Carlos.