Active Directory Secondary Server

So, I have a plastic server setup and it seems every so often I am losing connection to my LDAP Server. I've gotten two errors. (obviously I didnt write them down.)

1. (something along the lines of, The numbers are correct) "User unconfirmed S-1-5-21-824...."

2.  (something along the lines of) Cannot connect to LDAP or Active Directory server at this ip :192.168. 0. 00

These persist for about 5 min and then disappear without restarting anything or really doing anything at all except reopening plastic on the client. So I currently am making sure that the LDAP server isnt being over loaded, by just pointing plastic to our secondary server. My main question is can plastic take in a primary and secondary server and if the first one fails use the second. If so, please tell me how. If not any suggestion would. Currently there are about 10 users, and this happens maybe 2-3 times a day. Its not game-breaking, but it is annoying when trying to pull or push new code.

thanks for the help

-Crychair

(Sorry I use LDAP and Active Directory Server Interchangeably. We have AD servers but they listen on 389(LDAP))

Hi! If you are not adding/removing users at the Plastic SCM server (activating and deactivating users) you can enable the following parameter at the "server.conf" file (inside the Plastic SCM server directory):

<DisableReloadUsers>yes</DisableReloadUsers>

That will reduce the Plastic Server interaction with the AD server so, hopefully, you will avoid the error.

Then if you add or remove a new user you will need to restart the Plastic SCM server.

• 2 weeks later...

Found 1 more problem which may be related. Usernames in the GUI appear correctly but when I open the file plastic.currentlocks The usernames appear as S-1-5-21-824314393-3170398999-3974319273-1829. Is this supposed to be like this? Whenever I get an error for lock files being checkout because someone else has them checked out It appears with that instead of their actual username.

Archived