Editing any Prefabs in Unity causes warning that I shouldn't edit them because they are locked by myself.

LucasM

Hi! The locks are being created right when I edit the prefab and not from a different workspace - I am using cm listlocks to see that this is true. First time I edit a prefab is fine, second time it complains that it was locked.

It feels like Unity's plugin is checking against the installed Plastic SCM, instead of working with it. Any ideas what might be causing it and how to fix? My Plastic SCM finds only one workspace, so how is it locking and having trouble with my own locks?

Besides the warnings for every single prefab edit, it seems like Plastic is behaving fine when checking in and doing my merges...

=== Some extra context, plus info on other problems that could be related

The problem might have been caused by problems that I had before. I use Cloud and was trying to work Distributed, and was struggling with that as seen in: No owner / created by in change sets or branches - Installation and configuration - Plastic SCM Community

I thought I had solved my issues in that topic, but this weekend my automatically created local server license "expired" (which is ofc a bug, and a really big headache, because I had urgent changesets to sync) unfortunately I didn't have time to get help to fix it and gave up working distributed - its support looks a bit clunky/broken by now. 

My workaround was doing a "clean install" (deleting all I could find) of Plastic then copying files (that I wanted to keep) into a new updated workspace, this time working centralized - maybe this left some conflicting workspace, somehow? Now because I'm directly pointing to the cloud server, I keep getting the locks (which is already annoying, bc we have a few prefabs that get automatically updated by Probuilder and Cinemachine) but the worse problem is that I'm locking against myself with every edit.

Adding to that, me and some colleagues working centralized or in Gluon have been getting Unity "randomly" stuck on this ProjectBrowser.Repaint, I have a feeling this might be related to Plastic and, possibly, the problems I'm having (because the fix for other people stuck in this screen previously has also been related to plastic being offline or their account not being connected):
 image.png.4d87b3b2cfb2078092b28c411c845c5e.png

Hi @LucasM, I'm sorry you've had these issues. We actually just released v1.17.0 of the Version Control package that should address both the lock warnings on your own files as well as the ProjectBrowser.Repaint warnings. Could you download it from the Package Manager in Unity and see if it resolves your issues?

Hi @ryancassell! I'm glad to hear that, but couldn't find the update in the package manager. Do I have to do something? Does it support Unity 2022.1? (which is the one I'm using)

Mine is still on v1.15, and I even have Pre-Release packages enabled.

image.thumb.png.4903cd02d565c39fd2505d7efac76f7e.png

I started working on a completely new workspace and I'm still getting the problems. So I'd love to get those fixes.

We are also running into this issue. We're on Unity 2020.3.33 LTS. I'm also only seeing 1.15.18. If I enable preview packages I see many 2.0.0 previews, but I cannot find any reference to v1.17.0. The documentation (https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.15/manual/index.html) also does not mention 1.17. Where can we find this package?

Hello,

We managed to install 1.17.0 via the "package name" option (tried both 2021.2.8 and 2021.3.5), note no version specified:

image.png.63f47f473e2b36f4c9e570f9fafba013.png

image.png.650c0892c4a97c606650f0e3b9a3e0ad.png

The error message that comes when trying to edit assets that I have a lock on no longer appears. This error message actually appeared to be a wanted feature for us in 1.15.18, as we initially thought it was blocking us from doing changes to assets other team members had locked, and it took a while until we realized it happened on assets that was locked by ourselves.

Reading this thread, however, my understanding is that no such feature (blocking edit of remotely locked assets) is supported yet: 

The now deprecated, unavailable Plastic SCM asset store package used to have this (and a simple way to turn it off) - not having it any more has caused some wasted level design time due to not being blocked until commit-time, so we're very interested in getting something like this in the near future.

Best,
-Trond