Update/Merge from Pending Changes window always results in a merge

Amimoller

Hi,

After updating to one of the latest releases (5.0.44.603) it seems like the "View new changes" button in the pending changes tab will always result in a merge even if we have nothing checked out locally.

We use this very often to keep up to date without having to do a checkin, but now its no longer possible. This must be a bug?

I have attached a couple of screens that shows first no local changes and then after i hit View New Changes.

Cheers

Jonas

post-18399-0-83859900-1411474661_thumb.jpg

post-18399-0-23899800-1411474662_thumb.jpg

Hi,

It´s a bit strange. I´ve performed a test and not able to reproduce the issue.  

- Are you able to reproduce the issue using two workspaces pointing to the same repository?

- Is the selector pointing to the same branch in both workspaces?  

- Do you have checked-out files?  

- Do you have Xlinks?

Regards,

Carlos

It happens in all the three workspaces i tried. I also tried switching to other branches and further back but the result is always the same.

In all cases i had no checked out files.

But it did work normally in another repository from one of our other projects.

We do have several writetable xlinks in this repo, the other functional repo only has 1 xlink.

Hi,

I´ve tested will XLinks but no luck :(

If you create a new workspace, the behavior persists?  

Are you sure that the Xlink is pointing to the last changeset of the branch and the merge is not performed to solve conflicts in the Xlinked repo and not in the parent repo?

Regards,

Carlos

Tried with a fresh workspace, same thing.

There don't appear to be any merges regarding files that are xlinked. (We only have a handfull of files from xlinked folders)

I think the bug appeared somewhere between 534 and 603 since the old version of plastic still works fine.

Cheers

Jonas

Archived