How can I use Vim as my diff tool, why is it "not found"?

ben

I previously managed to get Vim added as a merge tool but now for some reason it is shown as not valid.

image.png.9b893464c0a2322b8af78650970e0f8c.png

I have used as many variations of the following exes and arguments and none of them work:

• "c:\Program Files (x86)\Vim\vim82\gvim.exe" -c "wincmd J" -c "windo set wrap" "@output" "@destinationfile" "@basefile" "@sourcefile"
  • "c:\Program Files (x86)\Vim\vim82\vim.exe" -d -c "wincmd J" -c "windo set wrap" "@output" "@destinationfile" "@basefile" "@sourcefile"
  • "c:\Program Files (x86)\Vim\vim82\vimdiff.exe" "@destinationfile" "@basefile"

Could you help?

• Could you add some more helpful error messages when external tools are "not found"?
  • Could you show me the format required to get Vim as a merge tool?

image.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey @ben

I've also had troubles getting vim/neovim working as a merge tool (This could well be down to my lack of vim knowledge though!). You mention that you managed to get this working previously. Do you happen to know what version? I tried on 10.0.16.6656 to no avail with the following command...

"c:\Program Files (x86)\Vim\vim82\vim.exe" -d "@output" "@sourcefile" "@basefile" "@destinationfile" -c 'wincmd J | wincmd ='