How to free up space?

matmalm

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

You have two options, deleting repositories or archiving revisions.

To delete repositories you need to go to the repositories view in the client, right-click on the desired repo, and then delete.

You can delete it from the PlasticSCM client, but the storage amount used will only update until the next billing period.

If you want to keep the repositories but remove just some revisions we have the trim feature, we released the "cm archive" feature for the cloud servers:
https://www.plasticscm.com/download/releasenotes/10.0.16.6241

Here you can have more information in detail:
https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/administration/plastic-scm-version-control-administrator-guide#Chapter10:Archivingrevisions

This way you can reduce space use.

Regards,

Rafael

Unity Plastic SCM Support
Virtualize your Workspace. Make it dynamic.

3 hours ago, Rafael said:

Hi,

To delete repositories you need to go to the repositories view in the client, right-click on the desired repo, and then delete.

You can delete it from the PlasticSCM client, but the storage amount used will only update until the next billing period.

If you want to keep the repositories but remove just some revisions we have the trim feature, we released the "cm archive" feature for the cloud servers:

https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/administration/plastic-scm-version-control-administrator-guide#Chapter10:Archivingrevisions

Regards,

Rafael

By deleting repositories, you mean delete changesets?

So, I just go to the Plastic client, click on changesets and select one to delete?

Is this safe in the way that it will not affect my current changes?

Hi,

17 hours ago, matmalm said:

By deleting repositories, you mean delete changesets?

No, we do not encourage deletion of chagesets even when its possible from the GUI, you certainly can affect users workspace conditions by doing so (If someone is pointing to a deleted changeset).

I would recommend the second option (Archive revisions) and only proceed with changeset or repository deletions when 100% sure you are not going to need the repos or change sets again and you are not going to mess someone else work.

Regards,

Rafael

2 hours ago, Rafael said:

Hi,

No, we do not encourage deletion of chagesets even when its possible from the GUI, you certainly can affect users workspace conditions by doing so (If someone is pointing to a deleted changeset).

I would recommend the second option (Archive revisions) and only proceed with changeset or repository deletions when 100% sure you are not going to need the repos or change sets again and you are not going to mess someone else work.

Regards,

Rafael

Al right, thank you. Then I might go for the first as I'm the only member of the workspace.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, sorry if I am hijacking thread but I am trying to do the same.  When you say archive revision where is this option?  I use plastic with Unity and my project is currently broken.  I cannot push changes as I get errors, and I cannot revert to a previous changeset while the are changes pending which obviously i cannot push.  Project is unusable at the moment.  I would like to get access to the project again and trim it down to the last 3 or 4 changsets only.

On 11/16/2022 at 6:42 PM, Rafael said:

Hi,

Regards,

Rafael

I'm reading this but still I don't understand how I would archive changesets rather than certain files.  I really want to archive all but the last 4 changesets in my project if that is possible?

Hi,

On 11/29/2022 at 6:37 AM, AndyAces said:

I'm reading this but still I don't understand how I would archive changesets rather than certain files.  I really want to archive all but the last 4 changesets in my project if that is possible?

This is possible to achieve, you will need to use a cm find revs command filtering by date like this one:

cm find revisions "where date >= 'one month ago' on repository 'Repo@Cloud@cloud'

Then using those revisions you can run a cm archive command.

Complete Command Example in powershell:

cm archive $(cm find revisions "where date >= 'one month ago' on repository 'Repo@Cloud@cloud' ") -c="old revisions" -file=/Documents/UFPel/2021-2

Regards,

Rafael

• Like 1

I tried this command but i get the error unexpected option -file  - any idea what the issue is?

C:\>cm archive $(cm find revisions "where date >= 'one month ago' on repository 'TLG2020@AndyNeomam@cloud' ") -c="old revisions" -file=D:\PlasticArchive
archive: Unexpected option -file

Windows PowerShell
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Try the new cross-platform PowerShell https://aka.ms/pscore6

PS C:\Windows\system32> cm archive $(cm find revisions "where date >= 'one month ago' on repository 'TLG2020@AndyNeoman@cloud' ") -c="old revisions" -file=D:\PlasticArchive
Program 'cm.exe' failed to run: The filename or extension is too longAt line:1 char:1
+ cm archive $(cm find revisions "where date >= 'one month ago' on repo ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.
At line:1 char:14
+ ... m archive $(cm find revisions "where date >= 'one month ago' on repos ...
+                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ResourceUnavailable: (:) [], ApplicationFailedException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NativeCommandFailed

PS C:\Users\Andy> cm archive $(cm find revisions "where date >= 'one month ago' on repository 'main@TLG2020@AndyNeomam@cloud' ") -c="old revisions" -file=D:/PlasticArchive
cm : Error: Can't resolve DNS entry for cloud.plasticscm.com
At line:1 char:14
+ ... m archive $(cm find revisions "where date >= 'one month ago' on repos ...
+                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (Error: Can't re....plasticscm.com:String) [], RemoteException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NativeCommandError

On 12/4/2022 at 9:04 PM, Rafael said:

Hi,

This is possible to achieve, you will need to use a cm find revs command filtering by date like this one:

cm find revisions "where date >= 'one month ago' on repository 'Repo@Cloud@cloud'

Then using those revisions you can run a cm archive command.

Complete Command Example in powershell:

cm archive $(cm find revisions "where date >= 'one month ago' on repository 'Repo@Cloud@cloud' ") -c="old revisions" -file=/Documents/UFPel/2021-2

Regards,

Rafael

Hi Rafael, I can finally get the cm find command to work but the archive command does not.  I get this erro:-

D:\PlasticArchive>cm archive $(cm find "revs where size > 26214400 on repository 'TLG2020@AndyNeoman@cloud' ")
$(cm does not exist.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2022 at 12:34 PM, AndyAces said:

Hi Rafael, I can finally get the cm find command to work but the archive command does not.  I get this erro:-

D:\PlasticArchive>cm archive $(cm find "revs where size > 26214400 on repository 'TLG2020@AndyNeoman@cloud' ")
$(cm does not exist.

I got the same issue, could you solved it?

• Like 1

Hi,

I missed a "-" in the --file part of the command, it is a double dash like this:

cm archive $(cm find revisions "where date >= 'one month ago' on repository 'Repo@Cloud@cloud' ") -c="old revisions" --file=/Documents/UFPel/2021-2

Also, you might need to use PowerShell if you are using windows to support the $ syntax, I forgot to mention.

Please first try only the cm find rev command to verify that this is the information you want to archive.

Regards,

Rafael

On 1/5/2023 at 4:06 PM, Rafael said:

Hi,

I missed a "-" in the --file part of the command, it is a double dash like this:

cm archive $(cm find revisions "where date >= 'one month ago' on repository 'Repo@Cloud@cloud' ") -c="old revisions" --file=/Documents/UFPel/2021-2

Also, you might need to use PowerShell if you are using windows to support the $ syntax, I forgot to mention.

Please first try only the cm find rev command to verify that this is the information you want to archive.

Regards,

Rafael

I get this error. When I execute cm find rev on the date it gives me the right results though.

plasticscm.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

That should be a problem with the format, this is an example of an expected format:

cm find "revs where CONDITION" --format="rev:{item}#cs:{changeset}" --nototal

Output example: rev:/Users/rafael/wkspaces/NewCloudRepo/test.txt#cs:8

Then that command should be valid for a complete cm archive, this is a complete example:

cm archive $(cm find "revs where CONDITION" --format="rev:{item}#cs:{changeset}" --nototal) -c="old" -f="/Users/rafael/Archive/archive2"

I would advice to first run the cm find revs and validate that you want to archive all of the results of the query.

Regards,

Rafael

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, calbzam said:

Hi @matmalm, you will need to enter the filetypes:

eg:

.asset

Regards,

Carlos.

It doesn't work for me.

cm purge register ".asset" "2022-Dec-21 13:40" --repository=xxx

It shows me the usage on how to do it (I already allow it the purge option in the repository):

purge.png