Cloud + Local Server + WSL

I'm using Plastic Cloud in distributed mode (so running a local server) on Windows. Everything works great.

Now I want to also use the plastic command line client `cm` from WSL. This seems straightforward enough, installed CM as per Linux instructions. However I am unable to get `cm` to connect to the local server which is running on the Windows localhost.

In a WINDOWS shell these all work:

cm.exe repository list 127.0.0.1:8084
cm.exe repository list localhost:8084
cm.exe repository list local

Now in the WSL shell this will fail:

cm repository list "$(hostname).local:8084"

with a timeout error 

Error: Failed to connect to DESKTOP-QC45BRD.local:8084 within the 3000 ms timeout. To increase the timeout, set SocketConnectTimeoutMillisec in client.conf. If the timeout happens during push/pull, configure server.conf.

I've made sure that the native localhost is indeed accessible from WSL, for example, `ssh $(hostname).local` will work.

Is there any way to get this working?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Running `cm repository list local` in WSL simply gives "Error: Connection refused". Note that it gives the same output for any ip/host which is definitely inaccessible, e.g. `cm repo list localhost:9001`.

It seems my server definitely runs on port 8084.

It also tried to disable any firewall which could prohibit traffic between WSL/Windows, but no luck. Far as I can tell every port should be accessbile from WSL.

4 hours ago, Héber said:

From what I have seen, it seems that WSL is not able to resolve localhost properly. Could you try instead using the hostname of the machine?

I'm not sure what you mean. I believe this is exactly what I've done in the OP.

On 11/25/2022 at 2:38 PM, ytoporovskyy said:
cm repository list "$(hostname).local:8084"

Have you tried this from WSL and it works for you?

• 2 weeks later...