Git sync doesn't show me as author

Lexderi

Hello,

- You perform this change on git and then you sync it to Plastic?

GitSync allows you to map git users with Plastic users: https://docs.plasticscm.com/gitsync/plastic-scm-version-control-gitsync-guide#Mappinguseraccounts

What was the git user who performed the commit? On a normal basis, Plastic should be able to use the git owner to store the changeset owner in Plastic. Doesn't this git commit have any owner?

- Anyway, Plastic shouldn't log out any user that is properly configured in the client. We don't have such a feature to log out inactive users in the Plastic GUI. Could you include some details, logs, screesnhot...? The Plastic GUI client authentication is independent to the GitSync operations so may be running.

Regards,

Carlos.

I performed the change on my local repository using plastic and then used git sync

The mapping also doesn"t seem to work

image.png.a6289263e4f2431c439ac6b4a0bdb8bc.png

The git user was adrian@rummert.de (same email as this plastic acccount)
On plastic it also doesn't show any owner (even for changesets that have an owner (my friend) in github)

I get singed out every day and it says "You have probably been sign out due to inactivity" (cant provide screenshot because I already have signed in today)
404 errors also pop up until I sign in again

I also use unity ID to sign in

10 minutes ago, Lexderi said:

I get singed out every day and it says "You have probably been sign out due to inactivity" (cant provide screenshot because I already have signed in today)
404 errors also pop up until I sign in again

I also use unity ID to sign in

Please make a screenshot the next time it happens and also share the logs with us leting us know the estimated time it happened:

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\plastic4\logs

10 minutes ago, Lexderi said:

The mapping also doesn"t seem to work

image.png.a6289263e4f2431c439ac6b4a0bdb8bc.png

The git user was adrian@rummert.de (same email as this plastic acccount)
On plastic it also doesn't show any owner (even for changesets that have an owner (my friend) in github)

Not sure if you can temporary allow us some access to a git repo to try to reproduce the issue with the owner not being considered.

Regards,

Carlos.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2023 at 4:55 PM, calbzam said:

Please make a screenshot the next time it happens and also share the logs with us leting us know the estimated time it happened:

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\plastic4\logs

image.png.da1e2fa37ec866cea23181217c6ff783.png

image.png.3f2538d16c2fafa727169b413104a318.png

This Error pops up if I do stuff like vieving a branch or doing a git sync (and doing branch stuff in general) until I sign in

The error poped up about 15:48:14, but I couldn't catch when I got logged out

logs.zip

On 1/5/2023 at 4:55 PM, calbzam said:

Not sure if you can temporary allow us some access to a git repo to try to reproduce the issue with the owner not being considered.

I have to ask my friend and I only would like to do it when I really have to, but my friend also uses plastic scm and doesnt have these Issues

If you want to see it yourself, you can look here: https://github.com/Lexderi/Car-AI/commits/main and here: https://github.com/BerryGoodGames/Worlds-Hardest-Maker/commits/main-Dev (nmd9202@gmail.com is said friend)

Hi,

Can you delete the following files to configure the client from scratch and let us know if the issue happens again?

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\plastic4\client.conf

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\plastic4\remoting.conf

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\plastic4\tokens.conf

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\plastic4\cloudregions.conf

Are you using the same credentials in any other machine?

Regards,

Carlos.

37 minutes ago, Lexderi said:

Yes, Im logged on to another machine using the same credentials

I think this could be the problem. If the token is renewed in the secondary machine but not in this one. Not sure if you can temporary use a different user in the parallel machine (or use email/password instead of Unity ID) to confirm if this could be the problem.

Regards,

Carlos.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

This looks weird:

2023-02-14 15:07:32,716 BLACK-PANTHER\Adrian ERROR PlasticPipe - Exception obtaining connection to *@cloud. Failed to resolve the cloud server for organization *@cloud. Invalid username or password
2023-02-14 15:07:32,716 BLACK-PANTHER\Adrian DEBUG InvokeMethodRetry - HasToHandleSocketException. Exception is not a SocketException: Failed to resolve the cloud server for organization *@cloud. Invalid username or password. Aborting retry
2023-02-14 15:07:32,716 BLACK-PANTHER\Adrian DEBUG PlasticPipe - prt:    2750|CheckRepositoryExists         |*@cloud

Can you open the "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\plastic4\client.conf" and replace *@cloud by the actual cloud organization name?

Regards,

Carlos.

• 2 weeks later...

I did that and it created a new profile
image.png.e8b99a38cd4b9a80e64cba23f54fafaf.png

It also now shows me as the person who commited it on github

Doesnt seem to log me out (at least it didn't happen today, it did log me out of the cloud account today tho)
Seems like everything is fixed

Edited by Lexderi
Accidentaly uploaded error unrelated to this (fixed it)