LDAP configuration

Hi,

I have troulbles with configuration of LDAP connection for authentification of users.

1) I try to use a distigushed name for plastic server system LDAP user like this:

dn: cn=plastic,ou=systemusers,dc=example,dc=com

I do not understand how to configure this distinguided name in plastic server configuration using fields Domain, User name and Password.

Also looks like plastic server send dn as uid=plastic,ou=systemusers,dc=example,dc=com. Is it possible to configure distinguished name pattern or it is hardcoded to user uid for RDN?

2) Our LDAP server is used for many consumers (JIRA, svn, Confluence, etc), so we have a policy to keep system users separately. So we want to have system user like:
dn: cn=plastic,ou=systemusers,dc=example,dc=com
and delopers like
dn: cn=j.doe,ou=users,dc=example,dc=com

Is it possible to configure different LDAP directories for system users and human users? Looks like plastic will search for users in ou=systemusers,dc=example,dc=com

3) Our system administrator says that plastic server uses an anonymous directory access to LDAP server. Because anonymous access is not allowed on our server, we get an Insufficient access rights error. Is it possible to switch off anonymouse requests?

4) Do you have some technical paper about LDAP configuration? 
    Do you have open sources for LDAP module?
    What you could recomment in such situation (when organisation has one centralized LDAP server for many purposes with some policy about names installed) ?

Archived