New user - no repositories?

JamesThorpe

I'm working with Plastic in username/password mode, and am trying to add a new user with access to only one or two repositories.  I've added the user on the server, and they can log in, but they're unable to see any of the repositories.  I've started off by giving them certain permissions on one of them, including view and read - what's needed for the repository to actually show up for the user so they can go ahead and create a workspace for it?

Thanks,

James.

Just been looking in the server logs, I see this:

plasticscm at JAMESTHORPELT INFO  Operations - Retrieve repository list
plasticscm at JAMESTHORPELT WARN  Security - Access denied. Object rep:135. SEID new.userid. Permissions view
plasticscm at JAMESTHORPELT WARN  Security - Access denied. Object rep:10. SEID new.userid. Permissions view

The first repository in the list (135) is a brand new one I've made for this purpose, and I've given the new user view permissions on it.  At one point, they also had view permissions set at the server level also, but that didn't make any difference.

:P Yes the deny operation is the more restrictive one... it overrides the "allow" permission or the "none" permission.

If you didn't do it yet please change the repository owner user, that one is the Plastic SCM "root" user, it's not good to have it set to ALL_USERS. With the root user you will be always able to change the permissions and have access to Plastic.

Archived