invalid license exceeded warning

adrien

Hi

we recently got a new/updated community license, which dropped our user count from 15 to 5.  There are only 2 of us, and one build server so when I indicated this, and the license was issued I guess this is why it was 5.

Anyway, we are getting now problems on our build server saying that things can't be done because the license count has been exceeded.

we are using AD login, so there's no way to specify or manage which users can be used.  In the database, I see in the table called repositories.seid that there are 5 records.  These relate to

1. EVERY_USER_OR_GROUP

2. Me

3. Other guy

4. Developers AD group

5. Build server account

So, I don't see why I am being denied, but it is causing some headaches. Also, surely groups shouldn't count towards the license.

I currently can't label or check in (can check out) from the build server account.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Adrien,

You need to check how many users are enabled. To do than please run:

"cm li"

Then if you have active users that are not needed you can disable them by running:

"cm du the_user_name"

If you have users that are deactivated and you need them to be active you can run:

"cm au the_user_name"

Notice that "cm au" and "cm du" commands must be issued with the Plastic SCM "root" user account, that is the repository server owner. Open the repositories view, right click in any of them -> Repository server permissions, check then the owner, if it's ALL_USERS please change it to yourself.

Hi, it turns out it got a bunch extra users in there by virtue of syncing to a Git repository.

Surely it shouldn't import users from there?

It's pulling users in from a remote Git repository that branch the git repo...

surely it shouldn't be making these guys users in our plastic?

Hi,

the gitsync code enables external users because it's using the Plastic SCM core, just like the Plastic SCM replication does.

After replicating content from one server to another users from the original server might start working at the destination one.

But I understand that sometime it's not useful in fully distributed scenarios, I guess it's your case.

We are going to study how to avoid that and let the user choose.

Archived