Is Anything Besides the DB Updated on Server During Sync?

itomjpeters

Howdy All -

My company's implementation of Plastic (5.4.16.633) is using SQL Server 2012 as the backend. On our central server, the Plastic SCM server, itself, is on one drive and the SQL Server data files and logs are on a different drive.

I did a test wherein I used SQL Server, itself;

1. I got the COUNT from the changeset table in my repository on the central server
  2. I pushed a branch from my laptop to the central server
  3. I got the COUNT from the changeset table in my repository on the central server and saw the expected increment

So, I know that Plastic is using the SQL Server backend.

Now, my question.... Should the disk space on both drives be affected when I push a branch to the central server? Before I pushed, the C drive (Plastic SCM Server) had 982M available. After I pushed the branch, it went down to 981M. Again, all the SQL Server data and log files are on the D drive and, as noted above, I am seeing the changes in SQL Server.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom

Hi,

Do you have also the Plastic SCM server logs (not only SQL Server logs) pointing to the D drive?  Please, check the last modified files on the Plastic installation folder to check if something has been recently  changed.

PD: The "db.conf" file configure where the database files are stored.

Regards,

Carlos

Archived