Plastic 5 fresh install on Yosemite wont work (for me)

I've spent many hours going over the obvious, installing and reinstalling, and looking through the forums but for the life of me the server will not start.

I'm on Yosemite.  I've tried installing both of the current versions Rovaniemi and Tampere with exactly the same results.

The first issue is a report of 'Unknown culture' when the server is "Starting.."...similar to here except I'm getting it just starting the server(instead of the client). The only client.conf on my machine was set to "en" btw. This is then followed by a second error (see attached screenshot).

Other installed applications that use Mono: Xamarin Studio and Unity.

I am really keen to  get this working but unfortunately I'll probably have reverted back to another SCM as I can't afford any more time on this.  The user experience generally has been very bad on this mac install - moments of lengthy unresponsive UI, like say waiting many seconds before being able to advance to click OK on the EULA.  

post-28543-0-17756900-1420264070_thumb.png

post-28543-0-38140500-1420264835_thumb.png

Other information:

The first install completely failed.  It seemed like it wasn't finding X11 so I had to install the latest XQuartz 2.7.7 manually.  Isn't X11 part of OSX? 

Anyway, subsequently tried installing the latest dev version 2.7.8 (as someone else mentioned this in another thread) but hasn't helped.

Good luck everyone.

Hi,

I´m so sorry for the issues you are getting installing the X11 Mac version. We have just released a new native GUI for Mac that will substitute the X11 one. You can download it at www.plasticscm.com,  and you shouldn´t experience any similar issue. Anyway, answering your questions regarding the X11 GUI.

-  The "name iv is not supported" issue is being debated here. Manu suggested a workaround.http://www.plasticscm.net/index.php?/topic/2405-error-on-startup-plastic-client/?hl=culture

- You will need to install the last Xqartz version (If you are using Yosemite). It´s not included in OSX by default.

PD: As I said, we will be focusing now in the new native GUI for Mac. Please, let us know if you still find issues and we can even arrange a meeting.

Regards,

Carlos.

Archived