Migrate from Sql Server to MySql Timeout Revisiondata

Hi,

I have some issues migrating  from sql server to mysql.

I get the following error in the middle of the trasnfer of rep_2 revisiondata.

Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.CloseInternal(Boolean closeReader)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.Close()
   at Codice.CM.Data.CmDataReader.d()
   at Codice.CM.Data.DataConnection.ReleaseReader(CmDataReader reader)
   at admintool.DatabaseCopier.DoCopyTable(CmConnection srcConn, CmConnection dstConn, String tableName)
   at admintool.DatabaseCopier.CopyTable(String tableName)
   at admintool.DatabaseCopier.Start()
   at admintool.DatabaseMigrator.MigrateDatabases()
   at admintool.DatabaseMigrator.Start()

The transfer for the table revisiondata start and goes maybe until a quarter of the progress bar (during that time i can see innodb writes in the db),
then it will go back to the beginning of the progress bar  (still says table revisiondata), no innodb writes are done anymore and then the error appears.
The picture enclosed is taken just before the error.

I know it isn't a security issue as it creates and add data correctly in rep_1 and repositories tables.
Nobody else is using this sql sever and mysql so it cannot be because of an overloaded server.
Both mysql and sql server are on that same virtual machine, plastic scm server is installed there as well.

I check the error log file and slow log file, there is no error added in it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

post-28644-0-39721800-1423205705_thumb.png

Hi Mike,

it seems to be a timeout issue when the Plastic SCM server tries to create a database.

First can you please check that all the MySQL parameters are correctly specified? (server name/ip...)

Then you can check the mysql logs...

You can also setup another server using the MySQL backend and use the replication to migrate all the data.

Regards,

Carlos.

Archived