TeamCity: how do I manage multiple servers?

derkork

I am not fully aware on how the selectors work (i couldn't find information about selector syntax in the documentation), however it seems to me that  the TeamCity plugin will connect to whatever server is configured in client.conf and that cannot be changed via a selector. Since I can only specify one server in client.conf, and there is no way to enter a server name and credentials into the TeamCity plugin, how would I connect to multiple servers with TeamCity (e.g. when I have multiple builds which need to connect to different servers?).

Hi!

nop, plastic won't use the client.conf in that way.

If you need to target different servers make sure you have created profiles for them (profiles.conf) -> https://plasticscm.com/documentation/gui/plastic-scm-version-control-gui-guide.shtml#TheProfilesTab

Then, you will need to setup extra TC projects to work with different selectors. A selector basically sets

1) repository you want to connect. ("repository")

2) where do you want to place the repo content. ("path")

3) branch you want to download. ("br")

4) where do you want to store the checkouts. ("co")

You can ignore the points #2 and #3 because is non-functional technology of Plastic SCM 1,2 and 3. You can ignore it but they must appear in the selector body, basically "path" is always "/" and "co" will always have the same value as "br".

repository "code@TARDIS:9095"
  path "/"
    br "/main"
    co "/main"

So in the selector below set in TC I'm tracking the main branch of the code repository at the Tardis server using the 9095 port.

Archived