Server Configuration

Buck39

Hello all!

I recently started using Plastic SCM and I love it so far. I should preface this by saying I have been programming for many years, but I have never really set up a server, let alone a VCS.

Now onto my issues. I am using the pscm server on my personal computer and I want to be able to access it from inside my house on different computers and also be accessible by my other 2 developers outside of my house. I have been trying to connect to the server by other computers in my house, however none will connect. I am using port 8087, and I have it port forwarded. Every time I attempt to connect, it is telling me that the target actively refused the connection.

I don't know if I need to do more in my router settings or what. Any help would be appreciated!

Also my router is the ASUS RT-AC66U if you need that to possibly help.

If there is anything else you need to help troubleshoot my problem, just let me know!

Thank you very much,

Ben

Carlos,

I am able to ping the server machine, I am currently using Webroot and the standard Windows Defender.  As of this moment, I am not sure if they are both allowing PSCM, as I had an accident the other day so I have not been by my computer for a while.  I will check in the morning if they are allowing PSCM.  

Thanks,

Ben

Archived