Problem merging with ANSI encoding

Georgi

Hi, 

Seem there is a problem with the mergetool.exe when the files are encoded in ANSI and contain letters like äöüß (German).

It treats the files as UTF-8 and in the results file you get "????". However not all of the letters are turned to ???.

I have attached a modified example from the examples folder where the problem can be reproduced. Forcing the encoding in semanticmerge.exe-> configuration does not help. Furthermore the mergetool receives the encoding correctly -e="Windows-1252" so says the log.

However if you set manually the encoding on Windows-1252 for Dest, Src, Base, Result in mergetool.exe->Options menu , even though it shows  Ã¤Ã¼Ã¶  in the corresponding windows, after saving&exit  in the semanticmerge is everything ok.

However i am not going to manually set the encoding every time for every merge when I have several thousands of files to merge. 

I already opened a Ticket. I am just hoping anyone here has some ideas in the mean time.

P.S.

Ticket:

http://plasticscmsupport.zendesk.com/requests/6527

Socket_Deeper.zip

Hi,

I´m running your attached example:    mergetool -s=src.cs -b=base.cs -d=dst.cs

I manually solve the merge conflicts, and the resulf file doesn´t have "???" characters.  Could you tell me the command you are running to reproduce the issue?

Regards,

Carlos.

Archived