The application “PlasticSCM...etc” can’t be opened.

Hey,

I have been trying to install Plastic on my mac for the last few hours and have found no solutions or workarounds. Every time I try to open the installer i get the finder error The application “PlasticSCM-5.0.44.631-osx-installer 15.13.52” can’t be opened. without any more details. "I know its an older version but that is the one I need to use"

I have tried to turn off gatekeeper. Used the control click and "open" workaround, and have also tried repairing disk permissions through the Disk Utility with no success. 

Here is an image of what the error looks like:

http://i.imgur.com/BfpQfEu.png

Has anyone else experienced this? 

My system details:

Macbook Pro (15-inch, mid 2010) 
Processor 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7 
Memory 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 
Graphics NVIDIA Geforce GT 330M 512 MB

I'm running Yosemite

-G

Yes but I need the md5 checksum in order to see if it's having the right content.

You must change Safari/Chrome preference to not to open files after downloading them.

You can get the md5 code by issuing the following command:

md5 Downloads/PlasticSCM-5.4.16.648-osx-installer.app.zip 

I have the same hash :(

Do you have any antivirus or something like that?

Is the first time installing Plastic on that Mac or i it an upgrade?

Do you need the server?

I'm thinking about installing Plastic manually using the binaries.

Yes, it's easy.

Do you have a coworker having Plastic installed? If not I'll try to upload it somewhere.

You need to copy:

/Applications/PlasticSCM/ into your /Applications directory.

If your coworker is having the "server" directory please omit it. The big guy is the "mono" directory, it will take most of the copying time.

After you copied the installation run the "Client configuration" tool and then you should be able to work with Plastic.

For upgrading purposes you can download the zip installers from our website and replace all the client/*.dll and client/*.exe files you have with the new dll and exe files of the new version.

Archived