Version control of archive files

crychair

I get this error "Could not find type 'System.Collection.ListDictionaryInternal' : "MY SERVER"" when trying to checkin any type of archive file into my repository. I realize this is not usually done in CM control, but this project is a special case. 

I am trying to checkin .tar, .tar.gz, .iso, .zip , ect., into the repository and get this error everytime. I tried marking them as both a binary and text file. (Not sure what that should be for archives?) Also I realize plastic scm will not merge these files, but rather would liek to just keep a copy of them in plastic for ease of use with our project.

Hello crychair,

can you enable the plastic.log.conf file and send the me output log? https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/technical-articles/kb-enabling-logging-for-plastic-scm-part-i.html

Can you also send us the server log file? It's called "plastic.server.log" and it's inside the Plastic SCM server directory.

Last info, the Plastic SCM version you are using.

Thanks!

Thanks

first thing you need to to is increasing the "max_allowed_packed" value in your MySQL configuration. Plastic is not able to insert the information into the DB.

Packets larger than max_allowed_packet are not allowed.

Here you can learn how: https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/administration/plastic-scm-version-control-administrator-guide.shtml#ConfigurePlasticSCMwithMySQL

So. For some reason my.ini is placed in C:\Program DATA\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\ BUT my-defaults.ini is placed in C:\ProgramFiles\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6

Also my-defaults looks NOTHING like my.ini. It is much more like the linux .cnf file which is used. The my.ini in program data worked once I set all the variables to what plastic requires.

Thanks for the help.

Also make sure you use the 64-bit version if you want to use 4G :/ wish I could read haha

Archived