How to show contributions

myearwood

Hi there

We're trying to move from an environment without any SCM to Plastic. One of the immediate requirements is to avoid losing changes made for a particular client. We have our regular code and that particular client's code in different folders.

I created a repository and a workspace for the regular code and then a branch for the client's code. Is there a way to diff and only show the contributions from the client's code?

Thanks

Mike

Hey Just FYI, I did manage to find all the diffs. The tool is very good and powerful, but it did not get this way without input.

It was still more manual labor than I hoped. Here's what I think can be done. In the screen which appears after selecting Diff this Changeset, "Comparing Previous content with Revisions on" There is a list of changed items at the top, with the differences displayed below. Had there been an extra filter to show/hide based on where the change originated, that would have helped significantly.

Thanks

Mike

Hello Mike, not sure if you did like what I'm about to post:

1) Create a new repo and a new workspace working with the new repo.

2) Paste the "regular" code inside the workspace directory, go to the "pending changes view" and add the items to the repository. (Add+ci)

3) Create a new branch from the latest cset in the main branch (that is the one you have just created at the point #2) and switch to it.

4) Paste the "clients" code inside the workspace directory overriding the content that is already there. Open the pending changes view, search all the changed items (transparent scm ->  https://www.plasticscm.com/features/transparent-scm.html) and checkin.

Now double clicking the branch will reveal the changes made for your client.

Archived