Linux LDAP mode with AD server

naris

I used to be able to create a profile to connect to a plastic server other than the local server. Now, I am no longer able to do that and am, therefore, no longer able to connect to our, purchased, plasticscm server remotely.  We have plasticscm running on a windows server configured to use AD Authentication. AD Authentication works really well in the office. However, AD Authentication absolutely does not work for linux or remote machine that are not joined to the AD domain or are joined to other AD domains. In the past, this was not an issue as all I had to do, on linux and/or remote systems, was to create a profile, specify LDAP authentication and provide the appropriate username and password. Those machines that already have profiles that were setup this way, over a year ago, are still work without any issues.

However, I am no longer able to connect any new machines to our plasticscm server because plastic now queries the server and forces the profile to AD authentication and will not allow it to be changed. Also, if it is a windows machine joined to a different windows domain, it forces the user to the user of the local domain, which does not work in the domain the plastic machine uses for authentication.

This is a deal breaker and we **really** need to be able to connect remote and/or linux machines to our plasticsdm server, especially since it worked flawlessly before.

I am going to try to see if I can copy a profile from one of the working remote locations to the new machine  to see if I can get it to work, but it really should be possible to setup profiles to use remote servers.

I managed to get this to work by using the command line clconfiguteclient.exe program to specify LDAPWorkingMode and credentials. However, it would be a better selling point for Plastic if users did not have to jump through hoops to setup remote access to windows servers using AD.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, our biggest problem is with windows machines as we setup the linux machine a year or two ago, before the configure client wizard and profile screens were changed.  Also, the windows machine we had managed to get working with clconfigureclient somehow went back to ADWorkingMode by itself and we wound up having to update plastic and re-run clconfigureclient a couple times to get it working again. It was very frustrating.

Archived