Warning: /tmp/plasticd5.exe.lock lock file exists but process is not running

crjenkins

I just tried out Plastic scm today and when I added a new user and restarted the server (./plasticsd start) I got this error:

Starting PlasticSCM server: Warning: /tmp/plasticd5.exe.lock lock file exists but process is not running. Please delete this file.
Warning: /tmp/plasticd5.exe.lock lock file exists but process is not running. Please delete this file.
Warning: /tmp/plasticd5.exe.lock lock file exists but process is not running. Please delete this file.
Unable to start PlasticSCM server. Please, see server log for more deFAILED

I tried deleting the file and stopping the server repeatedly. I've also tried killing the service by using to get the pid and then deleting the file :

ps -A | grep -m1 plastic

I'm currently on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with no GUI. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Hi!

but does the serve start? If it's not please email us or post here the last lines of the "plastic.server.log" file, if there's an error is should be located by the end of the log file.

The "Warning: /tmp/plasticd5.exe.lock lock fil" error means the server was killed and the lock file wasn't removed by the daemon script. Removing it manually should't be a problem.

It's solved now through email with manu.

Resolution

In my server log:

2015-09-23 10:39:22,041 root at FATAL Daemon - Configuration file '/opt/plasticscm5/server/remoting.conf' could not be loaded: Input string was not in the correct format

In remoting.conf:

<channel type="Codice.Channels.PlasticTcpChannel,plastictcpchannel" port="stop" name="normal">

changed to

<channel type="Codice.Channels.PlasticTcpChannel,plastictcpchannel" port="8088" name="normal">

and deleted the locked file.

Archived