UI issues on new release vs 5.0.44.528

mcd

Just installed the newest version on server 2012 from the older 5.0.44.528, and there are some major UI issues with a high dpi display 3200x1800 and larger fonts (150%), so reverted back.

1) Workspace names are no longer visible in top bar, only the very tops of the letters. Resolution compatibility issues, and there is no way to turn off display scaling or adjust things.

(I'd highly recommend looking into this, as high dpi monitors are only going to get more and more dense)

2) Jerky panning in the branch explorer. Before it was a nice smooth gliding pan, now it's jerky and sticky. I'm in the explorer all day, so this is a deal breaker. How could this have happened, and why would you release like that?

Has been such a great product for such a long time, and useability has been in such high regard, so sad to see the misses here.

Also, is there no more support for VS2008? I received vsix errors on install, and it stoppped working there completely.

ps

What's the deal with the spam on the board? Do the mods even read the general board anymore?

• 9 months later...

apologies for not following up until now. did not have time to do screenshots and was hoping it may get fixed in the meantime.

anyway, in full upgrade mode and have a moment to look at this. attached are screenshots at 3840x2160 @150% zoom and 250% (which becomes unuseable) on server 2012 OS.

post-2507-0-47247800-1469564786_thumb.pngpost-2507-0-34004200-1469564789_thumb.png

i tried different compatability settings (vista, win7) but does nothing.

would appreciate a look.

thanks

Archived