Changesets disappeared after server/client update

BlackLotus

I have a local server setup on OSX that I hadn't updated in a while, so I did yesterday and also updated my client to the latest "Dream On" version.

First off, for some reason I had to re-configure the server, along with the license token and etc. That's because the config files reside inside the PlasticSCMServer.app bundle, and that's not how things work on OSX, those config files should probably go to /Library.

Anyway, right after I updated, the server seemed to "lose" the changesets I had committed earlier that day! Attached is a pic of my branch explorer and here's the "cm log" output:

cm log --from=cs:287

Changeset number: 289

Branch: /main

Owner: BlackLotus

Date: 2/16/2016 11:54:33 AM

Comment: Improved IntroMovie so it won't get compiled to mobile versions

post-30219-0-44305900-1455803219_thumb.png

Meaning the server can only see changeset up to 289. But look at my "cat .plastic/plastic.selector":

cat .plastic/plastic.selector 

repository "----"

path "/"

smartbranch "/main" changeset "296"                

So my local workspace knows it is on changeset 296, but those changesets in-between just disappeared from the server apparently.

Coincidentally, or not, all those changesets were from that very same day 2016-02-18.

This wouldn't be much of an issue if I could just "git push -f", but apparently, I can't?!

I get the following error when I try to checkin right now:

The specified changeset 296 can't be found.

And from the Unity plugin I get:

PlasticSCM : Cannot merge from source changeset 289 to destination changeset 296 in the repository *** (***). A common ancestor could not be found. Make sure that you replicated the branch containing it.

Anyway, how do I remedy this short of initializing a new repo?

Hello BlackLotus,

Although the configuration files are not preserved (something we'll fix asap) the databases should be located and preserved here:

ls /Applications/PlasticSCMServer.app/Contents/MonoBundle/*.sqlite

Can you tell me if you have them? Can you share your db.conf file? it's also inside the /Applications/PlasticSCMServer.app/Contents/MonoBundle/ directory.

Can you tell me what the "cm lrep" command returns?

Thanks!

The databases are all here, a bunch of *.sqlite files:

ls *.sqlite

rep_1.plastic.sqlite         rep_4.plastic.sqlite         rep_6.plastic.sqlite         rep_8.plastic.sqlite

rep_2.plastic.sqlite         rep_5.plastic.sqlite         rep_7.plastic.sqlite         repositories.plastic.sqlite

cat db.conf 

<DbConfig>

<ProviderName>sqlite</ProviderName>

<ConnectionString>Data Source={0};Synchronous=FULL;Journal Mode=WAL;Pooling=true</ConnectionString>

<DatabasePath></DatabasePath>

</DbConfig>

cm lrep

REDACTED@localhost:8087

Not sure if it is relevant, but one of the sqlite repos has a couple of stray files (-wal and -shm):

ls *.sqlite*

rep_1.plastic.sqlite         rep_4.plastic.sqlite         rep_6.plastic.sqlite         rep_6.plastic.sqlite-wal     rep_8.plastic.sqlite

rep_2.plastic.sqlite         rep_5.plastic.sqlite         rep_6.plastic.sqlite-shm     rep_7.plastic.sqlite         repositories.plastic.sqlite

Also, I did something really stupid, I moved that code to another workspace/repo instead of copying it, so I actually lost that workspace having the issue. =(

But I did run "cm find changeset" before doing so, and it was showing only up to 289 as well. 

Archived