Is TeamCity supported with Plastic Cloud?

kestelle

Hello,

We have just upgraded to Plastic Cloud, and I am wondering if TeamCity is supported yet for the Cloud version of Plastic.

Does anyone know if it is possible to integrate Plastic Cloud with TeamCity? We were previously setup with the non cloud version.

Thanks

Hi!

will be supported soon, I have just tested it and it fails parsing the changeset spec.

There's no reason we don't want to have it disabled.

Spoiler: In a near future, weeks, once we release the Plastic SCM GitServer we'll get rid of all the Plastic SCM plugins since you'll be able to use the Git connectors to work with the Plastic SCM repositories :)

• 1 year later...

Hi @TechLA, yes it's supported.

You just need to use your organization address instead of a adress:port string, something like this to refer your cloud server: Organization@cloud

Notice that if you have the cloud encryption enabled you'll need to somehow install the encryption key. One of the easiest way is (at the TeamCity machine) opening the GUI and creating a workspace pointing to the cloud repository and run an update, you will be requested to enter the encryption password and a "cryptedservers.conf" file will be created in your "client" folder. 

Don't hesitate to contact us if you have questions, we'll be happy to help.

Thank you, yes. that works. We have had issues with configuration files, that was the actual culprit. Now it works.

Now, since this is a TeamCity integration thread. Is there any way to integrate Plastic Cloud with TeamCity VS (Resharper) plugin? I have found some thread from 2012 but not much recent information. Out of the box, the supported source control is Perforce, Subversion, and Team Foundation Server. How is it with Plastic Cloud? Is it possible to connect these two? I am looking for some way to remote run on the CI server without submitting into the repository.

Oh, I am sorry, I am trying to connect the TeamCity Visual Studio addin (see https://confluence.jetbrains.com/display/TCD10/Visual+Studio+Addin) with Plastic Cloud SCM. The addin requires a compatible repository system so it can detect local changes. 

You can also see more here for example: https://blog.jetbrains.com/dotnet/2013/03/12/teamcity-plugin-for-visual-studio/

The idea is to test your changes on the build server using TeamCity before submitting them to the repository.

Hope it's more clear, please don't hesitate to ask if you need more clarification. Thank you very much for your help.

Archived