Trigger before-clientcheckout and file version

tony707

Hi,

We're currently using Plastic SCM for game development and have some concerns with our workflow.

We would like to use the branch per task pattern but exclusive checkouts and branching do not work well together.

Thats why we want to set before-checkin and before-clientcheckout triggers to ensure the user has the last file version across the whole repository (last checkin in time) and not only the current branch.

Before-checkin works fine but the before-clientcheckout trigger seems to only send the file path, and we does not know the current file changeset as provided in before-checkin.

Is there a way to retrieve this information ?

Thank's for your help.

Hi Tony!

I don't see this solution doable. Notice that if you can even prevent the co operation when the artist is not having the asset up to date you'll need to, later, use the merge operation/cherry pick, to get that new revision in the artist wks, which is not very friendly, confusing and I'm afraid sometimes not doable since the source merge changeset will may be storing not only the asset you want, but also more files.

What do you think?

Hi,

Yes I know this is not friendly but everyone begin to be used to branching.

This solution could have ensure only one new revision exists at a time in every branch and pervent merge conflicts.

So you say people working on unmergeable files should only work on the same branch with exlusive checkouts ?

Is it possible to setup partial read only files ? Let's say we only want to set readonly the files that need to be checkout ?

THank you

Archived