Server Configuration with encryption

Hello - 
I have a PlasticSCMServer running on my mac with OS X 10.11.3(Yosemite).

I also have a cloud repo at fusion tech@cloud. In the initial setup of the cloud server, i set it up to use encryption. So, when i try to push a commit from my local server(which is not configured for encryption), i get the following error :

An error occurred during the replica: The server 'fusiontech@cloud' requires encryption, but this server is not configured to use encryption. Please configure the encryption for this server.

I am using the command line tool “clconfigureserver” to configure my local server, and i have not yet seen a way to configure that server to use encryption. Is it possible to do that? If not, how can i configure my cloud server to not use encryption. Or, is there another way to resolve this issue?

Hi!

The Plastic SCM server is prepared to use encryption but only if you use the repserver owner user, which by default it's "ALL_USERS"/Nobody. Change it to yourself and retry the push/pull operation.

use the "cm whoami" command to get your current user name: 

C:\Users\manu>cm whoami
manu

Change the resserver owner by using the "cm setowner" command:

cm setowner -user=manu repserver:localhost:8087

For the examples above I'm using the "manu" user and my local server "localhost:8087" change it to fit your case.

Archived