Cheking to new branch

Ima Napple

I'm in the unfortunate situation that I pushed a merge to the cloud before I did a checkin on the cloud.

That means that my pending changes on the cloud workspace are now stuck because I cannot shelve my changes and I cannot make a new branch of my changes.

I know that I can checkin pending changes to a new branch on the windows GUI but it doen't seem to be possible on the mac GUI.

Can I checkin to a new branch using the mac cmd tools? Or is there some other workaround to this situation?

I found a solution!

By manually making a new branch, and then do a checkin of my pending changes they seem to have gone to the new branch. So everything is good now.

I think this feature is pretty unclear on the mac version. It would be better and easier to understand if you could have a button to create a new branch from the pending changes directly in the "pending changes" view on the mac GUI.

But oh well, I'm happy that there was a good solution.

Hi Ima!

I'm sorry but I don't understand how did you change to another branch with pending changes.

You can't do it if you have checkedout items, were they just "changed" and not checked out?

Best,

Manu.

Archived