El Captain Setup (Client + Server Install Okay) Client can't see Server?

Xorcist

So I recently downloaded and installed Plastic SCM on my MacBookPro (El Captain) and didn't get any errors, etc.

I've run:

sudo /Applications/PlasticSCMServer.app/Contents/Applications/umtool.app/Contents/MacOS/umtool cu myUserName myUserPass

to setup a user.

I've run:

sudo /Applications/PlasticSCMServer.app/Contents/Applications/clconfigureserver.app/Contents/MacOS/clconfigureserver

and selected English (1) and NameWorkingMode (1)

and been prompted with:

Server working port [8087]:

Then I've run "macplastic" via the launcher and attempted to configure the client for the local server (localhost:8007), but it can't see the server? why?

am I missing something?

Update: Starting "macplastic" actually says "Welcome to Plastic SCM Cloud Edition" at the top?!?!? I downloaded the regular client, not the cloud edition? Is the installer link wrong?

What I think it's happening is that the license is not deployed.

It should be done after the installation but for some reason it's not done.

After running the clconfigureserver should be created but you need to restart the server to apply the changes.

sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.codicesoftware.plasticscm.server.plist
sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.codicesoftware.plasticscm.server.plist

That should do it.

Tell me if it helps!

Yes the missing license appears to be the issue. The "lauchctl" commands did not help though, I see the same error in plastic.errors.log.txt. I do have my own license, but where do I put the file? I obviously can't put it into the package...

Hi!

if you have your own license you just need to install it by copying the plasticd.lic file inside the "/Applications/PlasticSCMServer.app/Contents/MonoBundle" directory.

Then restart the Plastic SCM server.

Hope it helps!

Okay that worked, but now I'm getting an error creating repo_zero. It's saying:

The client authentication mode (UPWorkingMode) doesn't match the server authentication mode (NameWorkingMode).

but I already configured the client using:

sudo /Applications/macplastic.app/Contents/Applications/clconfigureclient.app/Contents/MacOS/clconfigureclient

and selected 1 for NameWorkingMode. I've reconfigured a few times too, but it doesn't seem to be getting updated.

Archived