How can I configure Plastic to not perform a check out ?

cidico

Hi Fellows,

I'm using Plastic and every time I change a file in my solution on Visual Studio 2010 it makes a check out.

Today I was reading the user manual and I found out that I'm using the Checkout-Modify-Checkin methodology and I don't want to use it.

I just wanna Modify-Checkin. Is there way to change this configuration on Plastic or VS ?

I really don't like the idea to keep making checkouts every time i change a file or by mistake type a space in a file.

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi Cidico,

Take a look at http://www.plasticscm.com/infocenter/technical-articles/kb-no-checkout-workflow.aspx.

But, in order to take advantage of it right now you'll need to disconnect the VS integration and go to the GUI and use the "find changes" so you do not checkout every time.

If you're using the vspackage remember checking out just happens when you modify a file... so, well, it shouldn't bother you that much... :)

pablo

Hi PSantos!

Let me see if I get it.

I think I misread the documentation....

Reading the doc file again, I found this:

"Remember your project colleagues, Mary and Eduardo? What happens if one or both of them want to Checkout the same item(s) as you? With Plastic SCM, it

Hi cidico,

a checkout revision is local on your workspace, so others will not be blocked. of course I understand that your are not using branch-per-task or branch-per-developer scm pattern, meaning all your users working on the same branch!

Checkout exclusive is the one that lock a file when checking out.

cheers,

Miller

Archived