CE licensing - inactive users

redice

Redice, I moved your CE licensing into its own topic for better tracking!

OK, CE licensing, 15 users, your 3- 4 users should be able to have full access.

REMEMBER, to generate your CE license file key from our website and replace that new key (name: plasticd.lic) into your ..\programfiles\plasticscm\server

Restart the plastic server from windows services, and the new 15 users key will kick in.

Also to help troubleshoot licensing issues review this KB article: http://www.plasticsc...eactivated.aspx

Hope that helps,

Miller

Hi Miller!

Sorry bout that! OK this is what I discovered yesterday. I have imported our entire VSS db into plastic without a hitch I might add, ran the "cm li" command and discovered that there are users 17 users including myself that plastic imported from VSS it seems, these users have left MANY MOONS ago and their accounts through "cm li" are also Inactive? So how can we clean it up? Currently we have 4 active employees/developers/slaves :), and they obviously need to be added as users? So can you suggest anything on how to get rid of the previous employees/users?!

Thx for your time!

Hi Redice,

your CE license will let you activate up to 15 users, despite the fact you have inactive users, which means they do not consume a seat.

These inactive users "although not currently working in your team / company" have committed items in the repository, and they are part of the history, no way you can remove these users, so dont worry about them, add your new users.

Miller

Please ignore my previous question (see blow). I got it fixed now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Miller,

I installed CE about a month ago and today when I started up the client, it said my license has expired. So I regenerated a new license file from plasticscm website and replaced it with the old license file in the plastiscscm server directory. I then rebooted the server and when I started the client, it said "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it....."

Can you tell me what I need to do to get it working ?

Thank You

pfc, hi,

first make sure that your Plastic SCM server is up and running.

START-->RUN: services.msc (check plastic scm server service)

open a console and see if the server is listening on port TCP 8084: netstat -na -p tcp

you should see something like 0.0.0.0 8084 (default listening port for plastic server is TCP 8084)

If client is not on the same machine as server, check firewall on the server machine and temporary disable it to check connectivity, then if it works, add "open up" that port through your firewall.

I answered connectivity issues on this forum, review these two threads:

http://www.plasticscm.net/index.php?/topic/503-configuring-xp-professional-as-the-plastic-scm/page__hl__firewall__fromsearch__1

If all above is not helping, investigate Plastic SCM server logs, enabling logging mechanism on this KB article:

http://www.plasticscm.com/infocenter/technical-articles/kb-enabling-logging-for-plastic-scm-part-i.aspx

Hope the above helps pfc,

Cheers,

Miller

• 3 months later...

I apologize in advance if this was asked, or I didn't understand...

So, the license file enables 15 users for the community edition? So, if I run a central server, is the central server instance of PlasticSCM that needs that license file installed? ...or do All developers need this license file copied to their machines? (We only have 4-5 developers currently)

Thanks

Hi sbrassard,

the server is the one who needs the license file (plasticd.lic).

So, if you are working centralized just place your license file in your PlasticSCM server installation directory.

If your developers are working distributed you will need additionally to copy the license files into their distributed servers.

Manu.

Archived